AHI Logo.png
Wave

ABOUT US

  • Founded on the 27th day of the Holy Month of Ramadhan in 1307 AH (Corresponding to 1890 AD) by a few community leaders on the initiative of the then Prince of Arcot, His Highness M. Munawar Khan Bahadur.

  • Registered under the Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Act of 1860, on 5th October 1894 and subsequently under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act in the year 1978.

  • Initially started inside the Historic Walajah Mosque in Triplicane, Chennai under the guidance of late Janab. Shamsul Ulama Moulvi Haji Ghulam Rasool Sahib.

  • Initially AHI provided food and accommodation to Muslim Orphan and destitute Boys which gradually blossomed into an institution for Formal and Islamic Education.

  • Similar services and facilities were extended to girls too.

AHI.jpg